Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

■ Our Opae ula shrimp web store is now open! We are selling Opae ula Shrimp and Macroalgae via our eBay store HERE
This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #6023  by Algae In Space
 04 Dec 2018 20:31
Paulao wrote: 04 Dec 2018 18:56 @Algae In Space after you read it, let me know if its worth to get the book a not ya. :sidesmile:

Dude, I can already tell you that it is super! I wouldn't pay the crazy 135 € it costs on Amazon tho. That's just too much :what: . It is more of a booklet I would say. It has about 100 pages. But one can feel the love that went into the book and the lovely people who are behind it. I never thought there might be so much diversity in these pools.
Paulao liked this
 #6024  by Paulao
 04 Dec 2018 23:50
Algae In Space wrote: 04 Dec 2018 20:31
Paulao wrote: 04 Dec 2018 18:56 @Algae In Space after you read it, let me know if its worth to get the book a not ya. :sidesmile:

Dude, I can already tell you that it is super! I wouldn't pay the crazy 135 € it costs on Amazon tho. That's just too much :what: . It is more of a booklet I would say. It has about 100 pages. But one can feel the love that went into the book and the lovely people who are behind it. I never thought there might be so much diversity in these pools.
So its more of a book for just leisure reading ya. These books are really costly. I'll probably stay tune more on this forum to learn instead. :smile: Thanks @Algae In Space
 #6040  by Algae In Space
 05 Dec 2018 16:43
Paulao wrote: 04 Dec 2018 23:50
Algae In Space wrote: 04 Dec 2018 20:31

So its more of a book for just leisure reading ya. These books are really costly. I'll probably stay tune more on this forum to learn instead. :smile: Thanks @Algae In Space

Well it is THE publication on the matter for laymen... :grin3:
I was thinking about buying more and reselling them but there is not a huge interest in this book and shipping is also a factor. There are about 200 left and they don't know when or if there will be a reissue...
Last edited by Algae In Space on 06 Dec 2018 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
 #6063  by Algae In Space
 06 Dec 2018 13:10
Paulao wrote: 06 Dec 2018 02:05 Personally i feel the demand is very low on these books. Cost would be a big turn off factor. Like you mentioned, shipping itself is already a big cost.. :blink:

Exactly. The book itself only costs about $ 15. But that's in Hawaii. I think most people who have Opae Ula don't care too much about background info.