Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #10232  by Rosiepink89

Hi I have an emergency I'm super new and fucked up major I fed them banana. why cuz I didn't know better I guess? and the tank got really cloudy afew hours later so I did a partial water change and it was looking better then my shrimp started acting erratic and flailing and laying on their sides and backs pretty sure they're dying
I have moved them to a container with fresh brackish water and just a little of the old tank water. Please don't say anything negating mean I feel awful about this in literally in tears
 #10233  by odin

Hi there, you will need to start over and clean all of your tank including everything in it.

Have the shrimp started to come back around in their clean water?
 #10234  by Rosiepink89

They have not unfortunately I think they're all gonna be a loss. Extremely valuable lesson learned I'm devastated. I'm cleaning everything thoroughly and resetting my tank and try again and absolutely nothing but spirulina if needed. I feel really bad for these poor shrimp that had to pay for my mistake and I definitely won't be doing anything like that again.
 #10235  by odin

Hopefully they pull through, i would try and put them in strait clean brackish water.