Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #10120  by odin

Loverly photos! All that black lava rock!!! It’s near to impossible to buy here in the UK, we just have the brown stuff. I managed to strike it lucky and get a box of the black stuff for my main tank. :tongue:
 #10124  by opae ula related

odin wrote:Loverly photos! All that black lava rock!!! It’s near to impossible to buy here in the UK, we just have the brown stuff. I managed to strike it lucky and get a box of the black stuff for my main tank. :tongue:
Nice!
 #10125  by odin

opae ula related wrote: 26 Dec 2021 17:39
odin wrote:Loverly photos! All that black lava rock!!! It’s near to impossible to buy here in the UK, we just have the brown stuff. I managed to strike it lucky and get a box of the black stuff for my main tank. :tongue:
Nice!
I keep trying to talk my wife into letting us go to Hawaii to visit the pool, one day I’m sure we will go
 #10129  by solomalawi.

opae ula related wrote:Seems like all the Opae ula are all white/clear. Last pic is a screenshot of them if you can spot them. More to come.
Why is it that they are all white? Some say the little red color is due to the fact that they don't eat algae produced by sunlight, but I don't think that's the problem here.

Inviato dal mio SNE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

#10130  by odin

I think depending on the island and location the pool is that Opaeula species has different colour red, some even have a clear stripe.
 #10136  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:Looks great. Are there any public places vs state parks or reserves? I saw how there was a sign that said closed to the public.
Probably all of the public places are gone. : (