Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2510  by odin

opae ula related wrote:Clear banded one too!
Yup! I've noticed that some of the baby ones from the batch before have some stripes too. They seem to be taking over lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2518  by odin

Another berried mom shrimp has turned up! This ones carrying a huge amount of eggs :grin: I wonder how many more are in the tank that I haven't seen! This new year is off to a great start. :laugh:
As great as this new tank is the lid fit is making me lose around a litre and a half every week from evaporation, i may need to source a new custom cut glass lid.

Attachments:
2.jpg
2.jpg (882.54 KiB) Viewed 71445 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (842.39 KiB) Viewed 71445 times
 #2532  by odin

Just some eggs! everyone loves eggs :laugh:

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg (152.19 KiB) Viewed 71444 times
Last edited by odin on 12 Jan 2017 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
 #2538  by odin

Thanks! i just snapped it with my Sony camera and macro lens, she was at the front of the tank on the mesh bag. :happy:
 #2580  by odin

Berried shrimp number 3 has just turned up! This ones got 2 clear bands as opposed the the other berried female with a single clear band. :smile:

Good times ahead.
Attachments:
2.jpg
2.jpg (900.56 KiB) Viewed 71443 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (886.26 KiB) Viewed 71443 times
 #2581  by odin

I managed to snap a few closer up with my Sony camera, maybe carrying 10 or so eggs? I have also moved the bag of sand that i used to seed the big breeder tank to a cube i have just re-setup again after breaking it down for its water and rocks. The cube will be used for larvae only.

Here is a few snaps of my main 140litre tank now all is complete and im very happy with how it turned out.

Attachments:
4.jpg
4.jpg (932.1 KiB) Viewed 71442 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 71442 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (108.81 KiB) Viewed 71442 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (164.58 KiB) Viewed 71442 times
Last edited by odin on 16 Jan 2017 19:14, edited 3 times in total.
 #2589  by odin

opae ula related wrote:Since you have a huge tank, you should have more that are berried.Image Larvae tank only? Image
LOL i hope i do! I wasn't expecting to get 3 or more berried this soon into moving them into their new home though. All but 2 of the past larvae batch have now become shrimp and have hidden in the rocks, another day or 2 and the last few will surely be joining them. I decided to have a holding tank for the larvae so i can 'try' and keep check of population in my main tank as I don't want it over run/over stocked which will probably reduce breeding. If i did want to try and take out the baby ones after the larvae stage then i think it would be too difficult and stressful on the tank by hunting for the little ones with a net etc. :smile: