Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #9123  by Opaelover

odin wrote:Oh awesome, it’s nice to see some plants in Opae ula tanks.
Red Bush, Gracilaria edulis, Codium Fragile and red ogo Marcoalgae in my tank, all stable and have some regrowth, all around 10 months plus.
Chaeto is no fuss if compare to the above algae when converting them from marine to barckish.
Actually converting around 9 type of Marco algae excluding chaeto but some these require lower temperature or maybe much higher salinity. My tank temperature around 29-31c.

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk

#9132  by Opaelover

Vorteil wrote:What is the salinity?
I don't test my salinity for over 10 yrs,
I just state to my proven formula ratio of 100g salt to 4.5L water.
I gonna setup an temporary small marine setting tank to house my coming new type of Marcoalgae before try again adjusting them to brackish.

#9135  by Vorteil

I've tried 3 different kinds of algae. Caulerpa Prolifera, Red Gracilaria & the usual saltwater Chaetomorpha Macro Algae. None survived. There's not much here in the US that survives other than a brackish variety that is sold by only one place.
 #9136  by Opaelover

Vorteil wrote:I've tried 3 different kinds of algae. Caulerpa Prolifera, Red Gracilaria & the usual saltwater Chaetomorpha Macro Algae. None survived. There's not much here in the US that survives other than a brackish variety that is sold by only one place.
Caulerpa Prolifera, think in my coming order of Marcoalgae, according to seller, need to plants them into sand bed.
Up coming trying my hand on
Halimeda
Caulerpa racemosa
Caulerpa serrulata
Caulerpa Red BUBBLE
Caulerpa Prolifera(maybe)
And Mangrove Shoot.

How is the condition of your chaeto algae? totally melted or.??

#9147  by opaeforever

Vorteil wrote: 02 Jun 2020 03:02All melted away
It mostly likely salinity issue, what level is your salinity?
Btw I'm opaelover, swifted to this new account since having issue with login.
My new type of Macroalgae have arrive, now quarantined at temporary marine tank to stabilise and observe of pest(bristle worm, scud) before take some to convert to brackish setting.
Attachments:
MarcoAlgae
MarcoAlgae
marcoalgae mix.jpg (228.43 KiB) Viewed 7402 times