Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #5845  by Arnold

Lots of people have tell me that the tank looks more bigger than 20 liter :omg: I think its because of the curvature of the glass looks more deep to the eye, and yes Im searching for the perfect volcanic stones to make a nice scape. The shrimp are very comfortable so I dont worry about it, they can hide in the macroalgae if they want and they are in a very quiet zone in my room no one disturb them.
 #5847  by Algae In Space

Arnold wrote: 19 Nov 2018 13:12 Lots of people have tell me that the tank looks more bigger than 20 liter :omg: I think its because of the curvature of the glass looks more deep to the eye, and yes Im searching for the perfect volcanic stones to make a nice scape. The shrimp are very comfortable so I dont worry about it, they can hide in the macroalgae if they want and they are in a very quiet zone in my room no one disturb them.

I see! I tried my new lava rocks yesterday and they seem pretty huge :smile: Well let's see what I can build with them...
 #6491  by Arnold

Today first feeding almost 3 month after the shrimp arrival!!! I was waiting to feed since the tank was inmature, a single tiny pellet with spirulina, they seem to like it very much in less of 24 h it dissapeared completely. The 13 shrimp are doing fantastic growing and molting, I need to get them more cover for start the breeding
 #6492  by opae ula related

Arnold wrote:Today first feeding almost 3 month after the shrimp arrival!!! I was waiting to feed since the tank was inmature, a single tiny pellet with spirulina, they seem to like it very much in less of 24 h it dissapeared completely. The 13 shrimp are doing fantastic growing and molting, I need to get them more cover for start the breeding
You have strong will power to wait 3 months. They must be happy with the treat.
 #6504  by Arnold

Yes haha I had seen people feeding inmature tanks and having problems with bacterial blooms, cloudy water, etc So I prefer to be careful also now I have a great cleaning crew with the snails
Attachments:
New red macroalgae to play with
New red macroalgae to play with
20190117_145248~2.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 6312 times