Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #5956  by Algae In Space

One could ask Annette (coauthor of "Hawaiian Anchialine Pools") if she will sell some. I had a little correspondence with her and she is a very nice person. I could ask her if you want to as I don't know if it's ok to share the email address.

(Maybe try Odin's recommendation first)

By the way: I asked her some questions about "Alpha Opae Ula" and she said she didn't know the term "Alpha Opae Ula" only METABETAEUS LOHENA. So I was thinking. Who gave them the name Alpha Opae Ula in the first place? Does anyone know?
Last edited by Algae In Space on 01 Dec 2018 12:19, edited 5 times in total.
 #5965  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:One could ask Annette (coauthor of "Hawaiian Anchialine Pools") if she will sell some. I had a little correspondence with her and she is a very nice person. I could ask her if you want to as I don't know if it's ok to share the email address.

By the way: I asked her some questions about "Alpha Opae Ula" and she said she didn't know the term "Alpha Opae Ula" only METABETAEUS LOHENA. So I was thinking. Who gave them the name Alpha Opae Ula in the first place? Does anyone know?
I think shrimpmart gave that name.
 #5967  by Algae In Space

opae ula related wrote: 01 Dec 2018 20:04
Algae In Space wrote:One could ask Annette (coauthor of "Hawaiian Anchialine Pools") if she will sell some. I had a little correspondence with her and she is a very nice person. I could ask her if you want to as I don't know if it's ok to share the email address.

Got it! :grin3:
 #5972  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:
opae ula related wrote: 01 Dec 2018 20:04

Got it! :grin3:
I be surprise if she would sell it. I think she would be against it.
 #5975  by Algae In Space

Interesting. I didn't get that feeling about her. She was amazed that Opa Ula found their way to Austria. There does not have to be a correlation. One can preserve them and like them as pets. She does a lot of breeding experiments with people on Hawaii. They get subspecies from different places of Hawaii and try breeding them. She might not be a fan of exploiting Hawaiian wildlife tho... and she might not ship them anywhere that could be very true. Anyway I hope you find someone who will sell them.
 #5982  by Vorteil

Well I can say that Maya from Hawaii Opae Ula unfortunatley is out of business due to the volcano coming onto her property. She is no loner selling opae at this time.

I think the same with shrimpmart but not not sure. His site went down before the volcano hit his area and no updates on the Facebook site.