Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #5906  by Paulao

@Algae In Space I love how the lava stacks up. looks a a mini lava mountain. Can i ask how does the fern benefit the tank?
I must say cylinder shape tank does really create a different perspective view compared to normal square/rectangle tanks. nice works
 #5911  by Algae In Space

Paulao wrote: 29 Nov 2018 01:11 @Algae In Space I love how the lava stacks up. looks a a mini lava mountain. Can i ask how does the fern benefit the tank?
I must say cylinder shape tank does really create a different perspective view compared to normal square/rectangle tanks. nice works

I will try the fern because I love to have something in there that will give them something more of a playground, it will produce oxygen and above all look nice :blush: As far as I can tell it does not show up in any of the natural habitats but in some are plants! The ditchgrass (Ruppia maritima) for example. But it's impossible to get here.

What I love about the new tank is that the Opaes look so majestic when they sit on a rock in the background as they appear taller than they are. And they can swim continuously without having to change course. :grin3:

They seem pretty happy with the new home. Exploring the caves and swimming around excitedly.
 #5912  by Algae In Space

odin wrote: 28 Nov 2018 17:19 Oh that’s cool! Keep us up to date on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glad you like it :blush:

I guess the forum has reached it's max data limit? It says:

ERROR
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
 #5914  by odin

Is that to post an attachment?

#5926  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:
Paulao wrote: 25 Nov 2018 00:57 @Algae In Space Any pictures? Curious how it would look like for a cylinder tank :smile:
Nice! Do you have a light?

I'm super happy with the new tank so far :blush:

Put in the sand mixed with coral gravel, the lava (drilled some holes into the larger boulders) and one of the algae balls. There are 6 little Opaes and three snails in there so far. The rest will follow in a while. I will also put a Microsorum pteropus "Philippine" in there. It's a java farn type that naturally grows in brackish waters. And so far it seems to do fine. :grin3:

I'm surprised by how much larger the rocks look like due to the water/tank distortion. But I love it. :upsidedown: It looks even cooler when you stand in front of it compared to the photo.
 #5930  by odin

You can only post so many images in a single post, try splitting them up over a few posts.

#5931  by Algae In Space

opae ula related wrote: 30 Nov 2018 00:00
Algae In Space wrote:
Paulao wrote: 25 Nov 2018 00:57 @Algae In Space Any pictures? Curious how it would look like for a cylinder tank :smile:
Nice! Do you have a light?

I'm super happy with the new tank so far :blush:

Put in the sand mixed with coral gravel, the lava (drilled some holes into the larger boulders) and one of the algae balls. There are 6 little Opaes and three snails in there so far. The rest will follow in a while. I will also put a Microsorum pteropus "Philippine" in there. It's a java farn type that naturally grows in brackish waters. And so far it seems to do fine. :grin3:

I'm surprised by how much larger the rocks look like due to the water/tank distortion. But I love it. :upsidedown: It looks even cooler when you stand in front of it compared to the photo.

Yes, I'm going to install it today.