Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #5737  by Arnold

The species that I have collected here in tide pools is Cladophoropsis membranacea, when I collected this macroalgae I thought that it was cladophora but it didnt look like any Cladophora so I do some research and I found this specie. Its a widespread species in warm seas that grows in rocks in the intertidal zone, grows epilithically developing in tight cushions or mats, in exposed or sheltered habitats
Attachments:
Cladophoropsis_Herpestica_01.jpg
Cladophoropsis_Herpestica_01.jpg (74.8 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
BDA0335+1303323106.JPG
BDA0335+1303323106.JPG (30.34 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
 #5741  by Arnold

Jaja its a kind of magic... Nah just when the marimo makes the photosynthesis it produces lots of bubbles and some bubbles gets trapped in the filaments of the algae, sometimes they float to the surface but this time that ball just stays free floating :laugh:
 #5743  by Algae In Space

Yeah I've heard about that phenomenon but I've never experienced it myself. Sure some bubbles here and there but floating!? Not bad :laugh:

What is it with the jaja all the time? I've noticed it's a thing in the past with other people. Is it corny like Aloha? Are we German speaking folks known for our ja, ja? I guess it's more of a German thing? We Austrians don't ja, ja so often? Or maybe we do?
 #5752  by opae ula related

Arnold wrote:The species that I have collected here in tide pools is Cladophoropsis membranacea, when I collected this macroalgae I thought that it was cladophora but it didnt look like any Cladophora so I do some research and I found this specie. Its a widespread species in warm seas that grows in rocks in the intertidal zone, grows epilithically developing in tight cushions or mats, in exposed or sheltered habitats
got it. Looks good.
 #5755  by Arnold

Here you can see the place where I have collected the macroalgae, quite beauty I think jeje

The path to the pool

The pool