Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #5663  by opae ula related

Arnold wrote:
Opae ula related, thanks, I had see a lot of your videos in yt; you have really good videos my friend, I think you havent make an update since 2 months I hope new videos soon! Regards from the Canary islands
Wow, Canary Island. You live in islands like Hawaii. Any native shrimp?
 #5666  by Arnold

We have also anchialine habitats here, in the island of Lanzarote, old volcanic tubes that have infiltration from the ocean. The Jameos del Agua, there live unique creatures like the blind lobster Munidopsis polymorpha who is endemic from Lanzarote and very endangered. More info: click, click

Blind lobster
Attachments:
Jameos-del-Agua1.jpg
Jameos-del-Agua1.jpg (579.87 KiB) Viewed 7650 times
 #5673  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:Amazing and beautiful!

The blind lobster tho. He doesn't care about light.
ditto! You should put up videos of the unique scenarios!
 #5677  by Algae In Space

Arnold wrote: 09 Nov 2018 11:45 We have also anchialine habitats here, in the island of Lanzarote, old volcanic tubes that have infiltration from the ocean. The Jameos del Agua, there live unique creatures like the blind lobster Munidopsis polymorpha who is endemic from Lanzarote and very endangered. More info: click, click

Blind lobster

I couldn't find any info about the length of the blind lobster (Munidopsis polymorpha). How big is this animal?
 #5679  by Arnold

I havent seen this crab (I think they are crabs family not lobsters) in person since I'm from Tenerife, the big island, and I havent been yet in Lanzarote, I know they are pretty small only reaching about 2 or 3 cm

#5723  by Arnold

Update: After 17 days the shrimp are great, all the shrimp live and healthy, very active all day long and the red color popping out. The macroalgae species also doing good, the Sea lettuce is live not growing, the Marimo and the Cladophoropsis are the best growers for now. Brown algae its covering the glass and the shrimp love picking it

The brown algae its growing good with the long fotoperiod
The shrimp pick actively the surface biofilm also
The marimo in the back are the first added with a darker green, the bigger and brighter ones are new, all came from the same marimo splited in smaller portions
Dedicated to algae in the space! jaja
 #5724  by odin

Looking good! Once the brown algae comes and goes you will get green algae growing, the tank looks very promising. :happy: :happy: :happy: