Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #5399  by odin

tzg wrote: 08 Sep 2018 20:07 my 2 other friends started their new tank, everything is new including water n deco. No cycling done, pour in shrimps right away, berried 2-3 months after. While my tank has no berry shrimps so far =(

Start a new thread and list your water parameters and tank details and I’m sure we can change that :wink: .
 #5400  by Vorteil

What is your exact set up? Yours can be completely different than theirs. There's so many variables to consider. I have a simple jar in the house that's already had 6+ berried females this summer. My tanks in the garage have stopped breeding over the summer. This is probably due to the temperatures going up and down and not being consistent. The jar is very specific. No feeding, no moving it around, not even topping it off since it has an air tight lid. I open it once a week. That's all. It gets direct sunlight 5-6 hours a day. No excess algae. I have no room in the house for my tanks. If I could I would.
Attachments:
Jar4.JPG
Jar4.JPG (50.17 KiB) Viewed 27317 times
 #5401  by tzg

odin wrote: 08 Sep 2018 22:32
tzg wrote: 08 Sep 2018 20:07 my 2 other friends started their new tank, everything is new including water n deco. No cycling done, pour in shrimps right away, berried 2-3 months after. While my tank has no berry shrimps so far =(

Start a new thread and list your water parameters and tank details and I’m sure we can change that :wink: .
my water parameters were all good, only thing is my water temp is 30-32c most of the time. My friends' tanks were not even tested. :laugh: