Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #5270  by Vorteil

I do see young adults but not sure where they came from. I know they're attracted to light and the first few days I see them. Then the disappearing act. Thinking about setting up a small tank for the babies. It's extremely frustrating.
 #5271  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:I do see young adults but not sure where they came from. I know they're attracted to light and the first few days I see them. Then the disappearing act. Thinking about setting up a small tank for the babies. It's extremely frustrating.

One option is to put them in something like this. Count how many and count again in two weeks.
 #5362  by opae ula related

Opae Ula in duckweed. Experimenting with it. Some people love them and some people hate them.... I think it is neat but will see if they will survive in a brackish tank.
 #5363  by opae ula related

opae ula related wrote:Opae Ula in duckweed. Experimenting with it. Some people love them and some people hate them.... I think it is neat but will see if they will survive in a brackish tank.
 #5370  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:This will be interesting to see if the duckweed survives.
Yeah, I read it does. Also they grow fairly quickly.
 #5372  by odin

+1 .. I too am very interested in this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #5439  by opae ula related

opae ula related wrote: 06 Jan 2018 07:06 Cool picture of the the Red Brush Algae.. Seems like some people dont' like the Black Brush version...

opae ula related @ Opae Ula Related's Video Diary

I have some overgrowth. Any body in the US want the Brush Algae I have? Just pay for shipping. Click on post above to see how it looks.
 #5449  by opae ula related

odin wrote: 14 Aug 2018 22:15
+1 .. I too am very interested in this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Duckweed doesn't seem to be surviving. :upset: