Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #5219  by Opae157

@odin mine is like wire plastic like that if I roll it into a ball it will retain its shape. Then like I pull out of water it doesn't look like wet hair it looks like plastic threads somesort. This Marco algae safe to put into my tank? Is it a source of food to the opae? Will it grow was and infest my tank?
 #5220  by odin

The Opae ula wont eat it, they will eat the biofilm that grows on the plant and it will also help remove Nitrates from your water. It wont grow very fast so it wont take over your tank.
 #5221  by Opae157

@odin am feeling like introducing into my tank hahaha want to roll it into circle like and put them in. Hahaha but I scared make the shrimps like need to adapt again hahaha later make them not get used to the tank layout. I removed the light from my tank already but it seems my opaes hate light hahaha I on my room light and the tank is on the shelf and don't get direct sunlight or even direct ceiling light and when light is on they start slowly turning transparent from red always when I just see them after turning on light after hours of being in the dark they look very red then once light on even just room light which is not direct at them they also slowly become transparent except for 1 out of the 5 which it is now permanently red hahaha.
 #5222  by Opae157

These are my babies first thing in the morning red but after not even 5 mins of me turning on the room light they slowly turn transparent. And my tank I don't think it's direct under my room light and my room have blinds and curtains which they don't get direct sunlight also. :sad: quite emo that I have to peak on them in the morning to see them red hahaha after awhile they turn transparent until lights go off for few hours then they turn red again. Sorry for my bad picture qualities I can't seem to focus my camera on them.
Attachments:
sketch-1527983026153.png
sketch-1527983026153.png (1.63 MiB) Viewed 5923 times
IMG-20180603-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20180603-WA0002.jpg (54.14 KiB) Viewed 5923 times
IMG-20180603-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20180603-WA0003.jpg (52.09 KiB) Viewed 5923 times
 #5226  by odin

Tank looks great! I wouldn't worry about any of this business about them being pale as the tank is still new and it will take a while for them to settle in and get used to their new environment.
 #5269  by odin

Lovely photo there and yes they are notorious for being difficult to get a good photo of! :lol: :lol: :lol: