Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #4875  by Vorteil

Just wanted to share a video of an opae jar that I started 8+ months ago. There's no visible algae but I know they're eating. I see quite a bit of waste on the bottom. The jar does get direct sun for a few hours a day. I open it once a week.

#4886  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:Just wanted to share a video of an opae jar that I started 8+ months ago. There's no visible algae but I know they're eating. I see quite a bit of waste on the bottom. The jar does get direct sun for a few hours a day. I open it once a week.

Nice. How many you have in there?
 #4889  by Vorteil

probably 12-15. I have a few babies. I try to keep the jar set in its place. It does go through various temperature changes. You don't see very much visible green algae just spots here and there on the lava rock.
 #4890  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:probably 12-15. I have a few babies. I try to keep the jar set in its place. It does go through various temperature changes. You don't see very much visible green algae just spots here and there on the lava rock.
Cool, What is the volume of water? And you dont feed it right?
 #4892  by Vorteil

I think it's a quart. I've only fed maybe 2 times since I started it.
 #4893  by Vorteil

I can take some measurements. All the opae are doing great.
 #4903  by odin

Oh wow that is excellent! Thanks for the share. :smile: :cool: :grin:
 #4905  by Vorteil

The jar measures 17" around and 9" high. Not 100% sure that the opae get enough to eat . Check out all the waster at the bottom of the jar. water is clear but will test this week for ammonia.
Attachments:
jar3.JPG
jar3.JPG (64.97 KiB) Viewed 9001 times
jar2.JPG
jar2.JPG (59.9 KiB) Viewed 9001 times
 #4908  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:The jar measures 17" around and 9" high. Not 100% sure that the opae get enough to eat . Check out all the waster at the bottom of the jar. water is clear but will test this week for ammonia.
Cool, Fuku Bonsai use to sell something similar.
 #4909  by odin

Yeah i saw those when they used to sell them on their website, breeder jars i think they called them?