Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #5199  by Opae157

My opae molted this morning and I worry I thought was remains of opae but I counted they are still 5 of them so maybe 1 molted during the night. But they are only 1 week being in my tank just got them for 1 week only. Is it any sign of bad water etc? :cry:
 #5202  by odin

Everything is fine and sounds ok to me, if you got a large amount all moult at once I would start to test water parameters to check for anything wrong and monitor closely. :wink:
 #5203  by Opae157

@odin okie will monitor to see over the few days. But they are really getting very red until light are on hahaha. Then they lose their redness hahaha. But getting active. The molt should I remove it?
 #5204  by odin

No you can leave the moult in and the shrimp will eat it for nutrients, I would honestly try a less bright light for them as it sounds like it may be upsetting them from what you have said about it.. it can’t hurt to try somthing new and see how it goes.