Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #57  by odin

What sort of food are you currently feeding your Opae ula shrimp? do they have a favourite?

Currently im feeding mine;

•Shrimplab - Algae pads
•SHRIMP essentials - Spirulina powder
Last edited by odin on 10 Sep 2017 13:45, edited 2 times in total.
 #59  by opae ula related

I used Hikari crab cuisine for the hermit crabs and opae ula shrimps along with Spirulina powder. Once in a long while if we have fish for dinner, i would cut a really tiny (tooth pick tip size) raw piece of fish.

I tried a cooked half grain of rice before, but now they are spoiled with crab cuisine and ignore the boring rice.
 #61  by odin

i have some of hikaris shrimp cuisine for my freshwater tank and the cherry shrimp go crazy for it. i was tempted to put some in one of my opae'ula tanks but there is no way all the shrimp would get a bit each as the majority would pick it up and swim away with it!
 #62  by opae ula related

odin wrote:i have some of hikaris shrimp cuisine for my freshwater tank and the cherry shrimp go crazy for it. i was tempted to put some in one of my opae'ula tanks but there is no way all the shrimp would get a bit each as the majority would pick it up and swim away with it!

video of them going crazy for it but too big for them to pick it up when you first drop it in.
 #64  by odin

at 0.49 seconds in i see a white opae'ula, they are very rare :) nice video.
 #68  by opae ula related

odin wrote:at 0.49 seconds in i see a white opae'ula, they are very rare :) nice video.
Didn't know a white one rare. Where is that info?
 #69  by odin

It was something I read on the google forums, they have a green Sadle usually.
 #70  by opae ula related

odin wrote:It was something I read on the google forums, they have a green Sadle usually.
Thanks. I think I looked at that site a long time ago. Now I have to see if the white one has red eyes.
 #71  by odin

No worries, i have 1 white one but its so hard to see any detail on it, they are so fast!
 #72  by opae ula related

odin wrote:It was something I read on the google forums, they have a green Sadle usually.

Ok, I see you on that forum :D