Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #8988  by odin

Has anyone got any experience with RO units? I am going to buy a 4 stage filter to make my own water. The problem here because of the corona virus is ships selling water may shut soon.

I’ve read some units need a pump if your water pressure is low in your home and you need to keep the unit filters wet 24/7 to keep them useable?

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #8989  by opae ula related

odin wrote:Has anyone got any experience with RO units? I am going to buy a 4 stage filter to make my own water. The problem here because of the corona virus is ships selling water may shut soon.

I’ve read some units need a pump if your water pressure is low in your home and you need to keep the unit filters wet 24/7 to keep them useable?

Anyone?

I had a 3 stage one. Pressure should be no issue. It is not efficient though, it wastes 75% of the water to make 25%. We now use Brita filters for drinking water.
 #8991  by odin

It will just be for my shrimp tanks and we don’t have water meters here so it’s a flat rate for how ever much you use.

#8992  by opae ula related

odin wrote:It will just be for my shrimp tanks and we don’t have water meters here so it’s a flat rate for how ever much you use.

Wow. It is metered here. Lucky you. Some years we have droughts if it didnt snow much.
 #8997  by odin

It’s not too bad from what I’ve looked into.. about £150 would get me a good one! May have to pull the trigger :wink:
 #8999  by opae ula related

odin wrote:It’s not too bad from what I’ve looked into.. about £150 would get me a good one! May have to pull the trigger :wink:
They make their money from the replacements. : )