Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #10380  by Vorteil

@opaeforever

Do you run any filtration in your tanks? Do you feel by feeding animal based protein foods that your water quality is affected? or do you change your water from time to time?
 #10384  by opaeforever

Vorteil wrote: 12 Jul 2022 17:41 @opaeforever

Do you run any filtration in your tanks? Do you feel by feeding animal based protein foods that your water quality is affected? or do you change your water from time to time?
some tank does, some without filter , I only use air powered sponge or bottom filter mainly to create water movement to prevent surface oil and dust, minimum water change in the sense that when i remove some poop from the tank, I replenish the water that be taken out, normally less then 5-10% of the water volume.
as most of my tank is bare or minimum substrate, it is easy to spot all these accumalated poop.
a small tips, if tank have some muddy/cloudy water, just put in one air powered sponge filter, run it for a day or two, it will absorb/filter out all the fine debris/waste from the water column to make it clear again, ,then take the sponge out to rinse and reuse, no water change needed.