Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #5959  by odin

Are the glass tubes creating oxygen bubbles?
 #5960  by Algae In Space

One is! The other one is just a mini tank so I can monitor the baby snail inside. My snails aren't doing to well at the moment. I'm not sure about the cause.
 #5961  by odin

What type are they? Are they used to brackish water and is your water warm enough for them?
 #5962  by Algae In Space

odin wrote: 01 Dec 2018 12:33 What type are they? Are they used to brackish water and is your water warm enough for them?

They are spike-tailed trumpet snails. I don't know if they are just chilling but they didn't move much for the last weeks. They are alive tho. Yeah 1.010 and the temperature should not be a problem for them... strange but I might check the temperature. Maybe they need it warmer.
 #5988  by Algae In Space

The new tank with light and floating plants (I'm checking if they'll survive long enough so I can attach them later on) :blink:

The Opaes actually like to nibble on the roots and leaves.
Attachments:
IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG (1.08 MiB) Viewed 5596 times
IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1921.JPG (1.18 MiB) Viewed 5596 times
 #5989  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:The new tank with light and floating plants (I'm checking if they'll survive long enough so I can attach them later on) :blink:

The Opaes actually like to nibble on the roots and leaves.
Nice!!
 #5993  by odin

Let us all know how the plants do, i really like this tank. :laugh: