Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #6129  by odin

Awesome gif mate! These shrimps are so awesome aren't they lol.
 #6130  by opae ula related

What is your technique to add spirulina to that rock? Looks like a lot to feed?
 #6132  by Algae In Space

opae ula related wrote: 10 Dec 2018 20:46 What is your technique to add spirulina to that rock? Looks like a lot to feed?

It looks more than it is because it is concentrated on a relatively small spot. Just take a stone make it wet put powder on it (if it does not soak through I use an atomizer to sprinkle some water on top as well). Let it dry. Et voilà you got a spirulina coated stone. It sticks to the surface pretty nicely.

Well maybe it's a little much this time :smile:
Attachments:
IMG_1965.JPG
IMG_1965.JPG (1.46 MiB) Viewed 4116 times
 #6133  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:
opae ula related wrote: 10 Dec 2018 20:46 What is your technique to add spirulina to that rock? Looks like a lot to feed?

It looks more than it is because it is concentrated on a relatively small spot. Just take a stone make it wet put powder on it (if it does not soak through I use an atomizer to sprinkle some water on top as well). Let it dry. Et voilà you got a spirulina coated stone. It sticks to the surface pretty nicely.

Got it. So you take out the rock to do this each time.
 #6136  by Algae In Space

opae ula related wrote: 10 Dec 2018 21:12
Algae In Space wrote:

Got it. So you take out the rock to do this each time.

Sure. But I do it rarely. It's more of a treat.
 #6140  by Arnold

Wow congratulations my friend, awesome set up, love those snails!! some macroalgae will work fine in place of the java fern they only handle lvery low salinity
 #6142  by Algae In Space

Arnold wrote: 12 Dec 2018 00:06 Wow congratulations my friend, awesome set up, love those snails!! some macroalgae will work fine in place of the java fern they only handle lvery low salinity

Thanks buddy! I guess I will try macroalgae! I was thinking of trying to find some ditch-grass. But the nearest spot to get is in the north of Germany some 1000 ks away... It also may grow to large.