Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #5905  by Vorteil

Just wanted to update pics and progress with this tank. I think we all go through the learning curve over time. I did feed spirulina powder but no longer feed at all. It does take waste from the opae to grow, feed, & produce algae. So maybe I fed the tank for too long but I'm ok with that. No filtration not even an air stone. The front glass has not not been cleaned off for over a month. Don't feel like cleaning it since there's a bunch of baby opae swimming around.
Attachments:
baby1.JPG
baby1.JPG (37.22 KiB) Viewed 5359 times
baby.JPG
baby.JPG (30.23 KiB) Viewed 5359 times
tank3.JPG
tank3.JPG (55.05 KiB) Viewed 5359 times
tank2.JPG
tank2.JPG (56.83 KiB) Viewed 5359 times
tank1.JPG
tank1.JPG (29.68 KiB) Viewed 5359 times
tank.JPG
tank.JPG (49.36 KiB) Viewed 5359 times
 #5907  by Paulao

@Vorteil Your shrimps has really nice deep red colour body. Pretty sure they are happy enjoying the delicious algae in there. :sidesmile:
 #5918  by odin

Oh wow those look to be very happy shrimp, congratulations on such a successful tank and lots of baby's too! :happy: :happy:
 #5924  by Vorteil

Hard to say how many opae are in there. There's a back compartment in the tank filled with lava rock which most tend to hide.
 #5927  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:Hard to say how many opae are in there. There's a back compartment in the tank filled with lava rock which most tend to hide.
Ok, you must have thousands in the back compartment :).
Looks you have another tank to the right. What you keep in there?
 #5928  by Vorteil

So keeping opae kinda go outta hand. Added more tanks. Next to my 6 gallon is a 2.5 and a 5 gallon. I have an additional (2) 10 gallon tanks. I'm trying to cut it down to (2) tanks by transferring them all to may a 20 and a 40 gallon. I'll post some pics later tonight.
 #5953  by odin

Now this i cant wait to see!