Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2385  by odin

Wojtek wrote:Added printed background to my tank today. I think it gives aquarum that extra depth.

Now that's really cool! Ive got some black backing on some of mine but it doesn't give the desired effect like yours, awesome stuff.
Attachments:
n14U84y.jpg
n14U84y.jpg (101.84 KiB) Viewed 8104 times
 #2388  by Wojtek

Now that's really cool! Ive got some black backing on some of mine but it doesn't give the desired effect like yours, awesome stuff.
Thanks! I knew I want a background when I saw that beautiful visitor complex display tank posted here by opae ula related. It does make a difference!
 #2434  by Wojtek

So finally after circling the globe 5 times carried by ocean currents :wink: my free swimming larvae transformed into next stage that looks more like a miniature adults, less than 3 mm long. It took about 20 days in temperature 24 Celsius ( 75F) and salinity 18 (specific gravity 1013)

Attachments:
eOPaK3I.jpg
eOPaK3I.jpg (81.5 KiB) Viewed 8103 times
 #2435  by odin

That's great news and congratulations on the new additions, your tank must be perfect for them :)

Keep the photos coming if you get chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2436  by opae ula related

Wojtek wrote:So finally after circling the globe 5 times carried by ocean currents :wink: my free swimming larvae transformed into next stage that looks more like a miniature adults, less than 3 mm long. It took about 20 days in temperature 24 Celsius ( 75F) and salinity 18 (specific gravity 1013)

Nice pic. :smile:
Attachments:
eOPaK3I.jpg
eOPaK3I.jpg (81.5 KiB) Viewed 8102 times
 #2462  by odin

Oh wow they are some amazing macro photos! They have some big bulging eyes on them that's for sure :laugh: Thanks for the share.