Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2641  by odin

How exciting for you! I bet you are looking forward to it happening, I hope you have names for them all :lol: :tongue:
 #2771  by caine

There is only one larva left to mature. It's too bad juvies like to hide so much. I've been wanting to trim back that hair algae forest but didn't want to risk it with all the larvae in there before.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk
 #2773  by odin

I was very paranoid about losing baby shrimp when i removed alot of the hair algae first time around but i too waited until they were big enough to see clearly. Nice photo!.
 #3030  by odin

That's one food I've never tried, great to see another option to feed them.
 #3059  by caine

Well now. Just as the juvies have started to come out to play consistently, we got a couple of new young mothers in the tank.

#3065  by odin

caine wrote:Well now. Just as the juvies have started to come out to play consistently, we got a couple of new young mothers in the tank.

Once these shrimp get breeding they dont seem to stop! :laugh: Congratulations.
 #3380  by caine

After 9 months since the migration to the 10 gallon, I was removing some algae from the old aquarium only to discover one last shrimp in there! I left it running with the ato and heater but have not fed it in over half a year. That's crazy stuff. I was able to net him out to have him join the rest of the gang.
Last edited by caine on 04 Jun 2017 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
 #3381  by odin

They are very hardcore shrimp that is for sure!