Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7161  by odin

New shrimp room incoming. :laugh:

Still a way to go yet, need to get this building finished this week then start planning insulting it then onto picking some racks for a large scale shrimp room :smile: :smile: :smile:

next steps:
  • Sealing all internal joins with silicon
  • Internal frame adding to hold Insulating foam
  • Extractor fan to remove damp air and reduce condensation
  • Plumb in a hose pipe for an RO filter system
  • Cable in electric for lights and sockets
All i need to worry about then is keeping the thing cool when its red hot in summer :upset:
Attachments:
shrimp.png
shrimp.png (259.25 KiB) Viewed 6081 times
 #7164  by odin

Algae In Space wrote:
odin wrote: 20 Apr 2019 14:24 Still a way to go yet, need to get this building finished this week then start planning insulting it then onto picking some
Don't insult it... poor thing :blush:

Wow super project!

(Hemp is fantastic thermal insulator)

I was going to put up a wooden frame inside then slot in that thick insulated foam block stuff so I don’t need to board it out after adding hemp/fluffy style insulating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #7165  by Algae In Space

odin wrote: 20 Apr 2019 17:04
Algae In Space wrote:
odin wrote: 20 Apr 2019 14:24 Still a way to go yet, need to get this building finished this week then start planning insulting it then onto picking some
Don't insult it... poor thing :blush:

Wow super project!

(Hemp is fantastic thermal insulator)

I was going to put up a wooden frame inside then slot in that thick insulated foam block stuff so I don’t need to board it out after adding hemp/fluffy style insulating.

Understood! Good thinking! I love hemp. It also comes in sturdier "blocks". Can be recycled. It has many benefits. It's very breathable too. But may be more expensive?
 #7175  by odin

I got this finished and took a good 12 hours between 3 of us :(

Now to price up power and insulation, I want to get around condensation and damp from the tanks so I may have a good air flow from front to back and a heater to keep the air temp up to reduce the wet on the walls, or seal it all around then buy a dehumidifier to remove it.

Anyone got any advice?

#7176  by Algae In Space

Well if it's anything like my bathroom a dehumidifier will do the trick. Only problem is to get the right setting because it will kick in way to often because there seems to be a condensation build up on the sensor from the tank I guess. So it kicks in every few minutes after reaching the desired % which is crazy so I just let it run for an hour or so on timer when needed. If the shed was made out of wood there wouldn't be those issues I guess... You could also install a ventilator or just a tiny window for air circulation? But then you would lose warm air.

Check out infrared heating panels. It seems to be the cheapest way to go electric. I use it and the bill is reasonable for electric.
 #7179  by Vorteil

@Algae In Space

That is interesting & I understand what you mean when the switch kicks in. I have a fan in my bathroom that keeps going off. I though it was defective but it seems that it's sensing the condensation. problem is it's always going off & on. Seems to be way too often.

@odin

What will be your outside temps in the summer months? What's your plan to keep the tanks down in temp?