Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #6109  by Opae157

Hi guys hahaha update after almost more than half year. Brought my tank to work. tank have been in office since August about 4 months now and the tank is getting a little blurry because algae start growing. i fed them shrimp pellet 1 pellet per 2 weeks and i guess it help spike the algae growth after algae started blooming i stopped feeding and it glass getting clearer as i guess the shrimp feed on the algae and cleaned them out. but so far no sign of berried female i guess my tank is too small for them to breed hahaha. but on another note they are getting really active they do not hide in so often. but their redness still comes and goes hahaha i guess maybe due to vibration of my typing etc hahah
Attachments:
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-10 at 8.44.27 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-10 at 8.44.27 AM.jpeg (56.82 KiB) Viewed 7916 times
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-10 at 8.30.12 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-10 at 8.30.12 AM.jpeg (45.47 KiB) Viewed 7916 times
 #6117  by Opae157

@Paulao, 5 of them only. yeah maybe once i have a bigger budget i will get a bigger tank etc and then transfer them to bigger place. I thought the space was sufficient for them since 5 of them only and like they are really small also hahhahaha small tank 12 cm by 8cm by 8cm 600ml cap only
 #6134  by Opae157

@Algae In Space, only 1 of them likes to hide the rest usually are visible on top of the giant marimo or lava rock but also depends if my table is shaky or not hahahah but every noon all 5 of them start swimming around the tank like exercise time hahaha. i actually thought smaller tank would make them more visible compared to bigger tank and reduce tank set up cost hahahah but when they want to hide really hard to find them because quite alot places for them tp hide in my tank hahah below marimo, beside lava rock, in between the corals and small marimos hahaha like mini playground for them hahaha
 #6137  by Algae In Space

Opae157 wrote: 11 Dec 2018 01:19 @Algae In Space, only 1 of them likes to hide the rest usually are visible on top of the giant marimo or lava rock but also depends if my table is shaky or not hahahah but every noon all 5 of them start swimming around the tank like exercise time hahaha. i actually thought smaller tank would make them more visible compared to bigger tank and reduce tank set up cost hahahah but when they want to hide really hard to find them because quite alot places for them tp hide in my tank hahah below marimo, beside lava rock, in between the corals and small marimos hahaha like mini playground for them hahaha

Oh i see! Yeah at night mine start to swim like crazy too. They make many laps with their tiny cute swimmerets which looks cool because I have a round tank.

It Looks kind of like

#6141  by Opae157

@Algae In Space, yes hahahha they have like a fixed time for shrimpexercise hahah round and round and they dont collide into one another thats the cool part and sometimes they do flips and back flip front flip hahaha acrobatic hahaha then swim fast sometimes sometime just chill swim slow around the tank
too bad i cant upload video here oh man
 #6143  by Algae In Space

Opae157 wrote: 12 Dec 2018 00:59 @Algae In Space, yes hahahha they have like a fixed time for shrimpexercise hahah round and round and they dont collide into one another thats the cool part and sometimes they do flips and back flip front flip hahaha acrobatic hahaha then swim fast sometimes sometime just chill swim slow around the tank
too bad i cant upload video here oh man

In my case they sometimes do! It looks like a friendly headbutt!
And there is also often a loner swimming against the stream which would look like this:

#6345  by Opae157

5 opae in here plan like getting another 5 to go in dont know if that is possible .
check this tank out the link its the ultimate mini tank with filter i want it so bad hahah

Attachments:
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-28 at 10.31.52 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-12-28 at 10.31.52 AM.jpeg (84.93 KiB) Viewed 7824 times