Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

■ Our Opae ula shrimp web store is now open! We are selling Opae ula Shrimp and Macroalgae via our eBay store HERE
Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #5266  by Vorteil
 11 Jun 2018 22:19
Mine are still breeding. The strange thing is I'll see newly released larvae free floating for a day or two and then they disappear. Not sure where they've gone or possibly died? This just happened in two tanks.
 #5267  by opae ula related
 12 Jun 2018 00:53
Vorteil wrote:Mine are still breeding. The strange thing is I'll see newly released larvae free floating for a day or two and then they disappear. Not sure where they've gone or possibly died? This just happened in two tanks.
Oh, yeah I have the same issue with my large tank and that is one of the reasons for the baby tank two years ago. I do have a cave in the volcano rock in the big tank and I assume they float in there (my reasoning for the disappearance).

Do you notice small opae ula roaming around later?

In my Alpha tank, i think the larvae are eating...

#5270  by Vorteil
 13 Jun 2018 04:34
I do see young adults but not sure where they came from. I know they're attracted to light and the first few days I see them. Then the disappearing act. Thinking about setting up a small tank for the babies. It's extremely frustrating.
 #5271  by opae ula related
 13 Jun 2018 04:47
Vorteil wrote:I do see young adults but not sure where they came from. I know they're attracted to light and the first few days I see them. Then the disappearing act. Thinking about setting up a small tank for the babies. It's extremely frustrating.

One option is to put them in something like this. Count how many and count again in two weeks.
 #5272  by Vorteil
 13 Jun 2018 06:52
Great idea. I can use this in my 10 gallon. That way I can see what is really going on. Thanks for the suggestion.
 #5362  by opae ula related
 12 Aug 2018 06:26

Opae Ula in duckweed. Experimenting with it. Some people love them and some people hate them.... I think it is neat but will see if they will survive in a brackish tank.
 #5363  by opae ula related
 12 Aug 2018 06:46
opae ula related wrote:Opae Ula in duckweed. Experimenting with it. Some people love them and some people hate them.... I think it is neat but will see if they will survive in a brackish tank.
 #5370  by opae ula related
 14 Aug 2018 21:20
Vorteil wrote:This will be interesting to see if the duckweed survives.
Yeah, I read it does. Also they grow fairly quickly.
 #5372  by odin
 14 Aug 2018 22:15
Vorteil wrote:This will be interesting to see if the duckweed survives.
+1 .. I too am very interested in this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro