Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #10391  by Kuhli new to opae

opaeforever wrote:
Kuhli new to opae wrote: 08 Aug 2022 07:56 Image
Cycle a new tank for them, for the bowl, I fed shrimp too much which result in 1 casualty. I moved them to smaller containers, which are now they temporary home. Thai new tank will be cycle for 2-3 weeks or until I see some algae. Will add a lava rock from the left container for kick start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the lamp/light behind slightly above the tank, are these metal or copper grill around it? I afraid later on it will rust due to the salt in brackish water, copper if leech out in large quantity is toxic to invertebrates like shrimp.
It don’t get into the water, but I removed it anyway for safety, thank you for told me that Image

#10408  by odin

Any updates?
 #10409  by Kuhli new to opae

odin wrote:Any updates?
My tank is covered in brown algae. Shrimps down to 3 I accidentally killed 1 and another one disappeared (or maybe just hiding). I renovated the tank yesterday to give them more hiding places. Others 3 are happy and healthy. Thx for asking!Image

#10412  by opaeforever

Kuhli new to opae wrote: 17 Sep 2022 14:56
odin wrote:Any updates?
My tank is covered in brown algae. Shrimps down to 3 I accidentally killed 1 and another one disappeared (or maybe just hiding). I renovated the tank yesterday to give them more hiding places. Others 3 are happy and healthy. Thx for asking!Image
put in 1 or 2 nerite snail, you tank will be sparkling clean.

#10427  by Kuhli new to opae

This is a big update.
After the all crisis, I’m now reach the rainbow.
No more casualties.
I added 3 more shrimps
Diatoms are gone and I think green algae is rising.

MOST OF ALL MY OPAE ULA COME OUT AND BIRGHT RED COLORED

#10469  by Kuhli new to opae

BIG UPDATE

I have updated my tank to 8 gallon. Now I have 9 opae ula out of 12, lost 2 of them with 1 disappearance. There is no more casualties for a month now and my hair algae is growing like crazyImage