Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #582  by Ann

Well, the tank finally arrived. When I saw the huge box I was scared. I thought that they sent a much larger tank. Luckily, it was large because of the protective wrapping. I didn't take it out fully, because I'm not ready yet. All I have to do is buy the thermometer, rock, sand etc. etc. etc.
Ann :wink:
 #583  by odin

That's for the tanks protection, at least it made it in one piece. Are you setting it up on a shelf or desk?
 #586  by Ann

I might buy an aquarium stand.. It's very heavy without a thing in it. The desk has a large computer on it and is very small. I have built i in shelves, but don't know if the would hold the weight.
Ann
 #587  by odin

its always better to be safe then sorry, i always worry about the weight. The whole reason I bought a new cube rather then using the 2 I was given was because I didn't have a unit that I felt would support the weight of the tanks. The new small cube fits on my desk which is pretty solid.
 #591  by Ann

That's exactly right. I don't want to take chances.
ann
 #839  by Ann

The only other thing I have done was to buy the rock. I have to figure out where to place the tank. Once that's done, I can buy the other things and begin. I'm soooooo slow.
Ann
 #843  by odin

There is no point rushing things when it comes to shrimp tanks! Patience is always key :wink:

I'm the other way around in my house I'm looking for spaces where I don't already have a tank :smile: