Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #9341  by opae ula related

On my Anchialine pool video, a seller fooled me into giving him the location of the pool. Hope he doesn’t take them to sell. Maybe it is known already, maybe not. Maybe that is all how it works in business. Aquarium wholesalers take fish from the ocean. Seafood wholesalers take fish from the ocean for us to eat. Even captive breed OP came from the natural environment first. Just babbling...

#9342  by odin

Don’t feel bad, it may not be malicious in anyway. Hopefully they know better and actually breed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #9374  by Vorteil

I've never seen the pools in Hawaii but I hope to one day. No idea where but I'll keep walking along the beach.....
 #9380  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:I've never seen the pools in Hawaii but I hope to one day. No idea where but I'll keep walking along the beach.....
Ha, let me know if you go to the big island. I give you the locations. I trust you ha.
 #9389  by Johnny Max

It would be cool to video them underwater in their natural habitat.
I just opened up Google Earth and zoomed into the coast. Screen captured this after a bout a minute of following the coast. It looks possible to me.
Google earth.jpg
Google earth.jpg (284.65 KiB) Viewed 6979 times
 #9391  by opae ula related

Johnny Max wrote:It would be cool to video them underwater in their natural habitat.
I just opened up Google Earth and zoomed into the coast. Screen captured this after a bout a minute of following the coast. It looks possible to me.
Google earth.jpg
Nice find.

I did video them underwater in this video. If that is what you meant.

#9392  by Johnny Max

opae ula related wrote: 24 Sep 2020 05:32 Nice find.
I did video them underwater in this video. If that is what you meant.
That is what I was talking about. I enjoyed the video.
Thanks!
 #9415  by Vorteil

I'm originally from Oahu as my dad and my mom is from Lanai. I didn't know my ancestors migrated to Maui in the mid 1800's for the pineapple and sugar cane industry. My family & I were supposed to go back to Oahu to bury the ashes of my mother & father in law next to my grandparents. With Covid those plans got cancelled unfortunately.
 #9423  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:I'm originally from Oahu as my dad and my mom is from Lanai. I didn't know my ancestors migrated to Maui in the mid 1800's for the pineapple and sugar cane industry. My family & I were supposed to go back to Oahu to bury the ashes of my mother & father in law next to my grandparents. With Covid those plans got cancelled unfortunately.
Migrated from? Sorry to hear.