Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #8974  by odin

I’d love some but they are 99% banned here in the UK to protect our native species. I think those dwarf orange ones come from Mexico? I could be wrong without looking it up lol.
 #9028  by Halocaridina

odin wrote: 15 Mar 2020 21:46 I’d love some but they are 99% banned here in the UK to protect our native species. I think those dwarf orange ones come from Mexico? I could be wrong without looking it up lol.
I looked it up and it seems you can apply for a non-native license from ILFA. However I googled extensively and could not find anyone on any forums that seemed to have actually acquired either a non-native coldwater fish or a non-native crayfish license. So either no one wants to go through the effort, or they do not hand these licenses out easily.

I might try just to test the process out since I saw some clips of these dwarf crayfish online and they seem interesting. They are lots of German sellers that ship to the UK and other places.