Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #7075  by Rex113

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum and fell in love with with the Opae Ula shrimp a little more than a month ago. I have about 25 of them in a 2 gallon cookie jar. Last week I purchased 7 metabetaeus lohena and they are in a 1 gallon cookie jar, neither tank has a filter, light or heater and they all are doing great. Today I noticed that the metabetaeus were running all over the tank and then I saw a molt, so I’m thinking that they were trying to mate or something. I’m hoping they breed and I will have some babies, I know they don’t usually live for more than a week but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
 #7076  by opae ula related

Rex113 wrote:Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum and fell in love with with the Opae Ula shrimp a little more than a month ago. I have about 25 of them in a 2 gallon cookie jar. Last week I purchased 7 metabetaeus lohena and they are in a 1 gallon cookie jar, neither tank has a filter, light or heater and they all are doing great. Today I noticed that the metabetaeus were running all over the tank and then I saw a molt, so I’m thinking that they were trying to mate or something. I’m hoping they breed and I will have some babies, I know they don’t usually live for more than a week but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
Nice. Pictures? Where did you purchase them from?
Last edited by opae ula related on 10 Apr 2019 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
 #7078  by Vorteil

Welcome to the forum. Quite a bit of information here. Just ask or post. Plus this site here does not really push any products unlike others that try to drive you to buy. This is purely a hobbyist's site. The founder Odin is a great guy. Most here breed their own opae or are trying to. Enjoy!