Page 2 of 2

Re: Where To Buy Alpha Opae Ula (Metabetaeus lohena) in the US?

PostPosted:03 Dec 2018 20:07
by opae ula related
Vorteil wrote:Well I can say that Maya from Hawaii Opae Ula unfortunatley is out of business due to the volcano coming onto her property. She is no loner selling opae at this time.

I think the same with shrimpmart but not not sure. His site went down before the volcano hit his area and no updates on the Facebook site.
Whao, wonder if the Opae Ula were able to escape...

Re: Where To Buy Alpha Opae Ula (Metabetaeus lohena) in the US?

PostPosted:03 Dec 2018 20:39
by odin
Vorteil wrote:Well I can say that Maya from Hawaii Opae Ula unfortunatley is out of business due to the volcano coming onto her property. She is no loner selling opae at this time.

I think the same with shrimpmart but not not sure. His site went down before the volcano hit his area and no updates on the Facebook site.
His site goes up and down (opens and closes) a few times now and again.

Re: Where To Buy Alpha Opae Ula (Metabetaeus lohena) in the US?

PostPosted:04 Dec 2018 04:16
by Vorteil
Yes I know the site is up when you visit it certain ways. But overall Shrimpmart is down. No ordering at all.

Re: Where To Buy Alpha Opae Ula (Metabetaeus lohena) in the US?

PostPosted:04 Dec 2018 09:01
by Paulao
@Vorteil Did you can try the LFS near your place? Any chances? I know most of the breeders are from US though.

Re: Where To Buy Alpha Opae Ula (Metabetaeus lohena) in the US?

PostPosted:05 Dec 2018 22:35
by Vorteil
There's no place that I know of here in the U.S. that carries the Alpha. I know there are a few LFS in Hawaii on Oahu that carry the Opae Ula still. These may be left over before the volcano & old stock. Not sure what company was selling it to them but if I were to guess it was Hawaii Opae Ula. Nobody has been able to breed the Alpha so that just contributes to being able to get them. I feel some that did sell them were just wild caught. Other than enthusiast breeding the Opae Ula the only place that breeds them in large quantities commercially is google here in California.

Re: Where To Buy Alpha Opae Ula (Metabetaeus lohena) in the US?

PostPosted:05 Dec 2018 23:54
by opae ula related
Vorteil wrote:There's no place that I know of here in the U.S. that carries the Alpha. I know there are a few LFS in Hawaii on Oahu that carry the Opae Ula still. These may be left over before the volcano & old stock. Not sure what company was selling it to them but if I were to guess it was Hawaii Opae Ula. Nobody has been able to breed the Alpha so that just contributes to being able to get them. I feel some that did sell them were just wild caught. Other than enthusiast breeding the Opae Ula the only place that breeds them in large quantities commercially is google here in California.
I remember visiting a LFS in the Hilo side of the Big Island who just got a big shipment of Opae Ula. They cost $1 but wouldn’t sell it because they just got it in. You can search for them and maybe call if they have Lohena?

Re: Where To Buy Alpha Opae Ula (Metabetaeus lohena) in the US?

PostPosted:06 Dec 2018 13:14
by Algae In Space
opae ula related wrote: 05 Dec 2018 23:54
Vorteil wrote:There's no place that I know of here in the U.S. that carries the Alpha. I know there are a few LFS in Hawaii on Oahu that carry the Opae Ula still. These may be left over before the volcano & old stock. Not sure what company was selling it to them but if I were to guess it was Hawaii Opae Ula. Nobody has been able to breed the Alpha so that just contributes to being able to get them. I feel some that did sell them were just wild caught. Other than enthusiast breeding the Opae Ula the only place that breeds them in large quantities commercially is google here in California.
I remember visiting a LFS in the Hilo side of the Big Island who just got a big shipment of Opae Ula. They cost $1 but wouldn’t sell it because they just got it in. You can search for them and maybe call if they have Lohena?


Meanwhile the price of Opae ula here goes up like crazy. 7 € per Opae now. :what:

Re: Where To Buy Alpha Opae Ula (Metabetaeus lohena) in the US?

PostPosted:07 Dec 2018 05:46
by Paulao
Algae In Space wrote: 06 Dec 2018 13:14
opae ula related wrote: 05 Dec 2018 23:54
Vorteil wrote:There's no place that I know of here in the U.S. that carries the Alpha. I know there are a few LFS in Hawaii on Oahu that carry the Opae Ula still. These may be left over before the volcano & old stock. Not sure what company was selling it to them but if I were to guess it was Hawaii Opae Ula. Nobody has been able to breed the Alpha so that just contributes to being able to get them. I feel some that did sell them were just wild caught. Other than enthusiast breeding the Opae Ula the only place that breeds them in large quantities commercially is google here in California.
I remember visiting a LFS in the Hilo side of the Big Island who just got a big shipment of Opae Ula. They cost $1 but wouldn’t sell it because they just got it in. You can search for them and maybe call if they have Lohena?


Meanwhile the price of Opae ula here goes up like crazy. 7 € per Opae now. :what:
Its as crazy as bitcoin. :laugh:

Re: Where To Buy Alpha Opae Ula (Metabetaeus lohena) in the US?

PostPosted:07 Dec 2018 14:26
by Algae In Space
Paulao wrote: 07 Dec 2018 05:46
Algae In Space wrote: 06 Dec 2018 13:14
opae ula related wrote: 05 Dec 2018 23:54

I remember visiting a LFS in the Hilo side of the Big Island who just got a big shipment of Opae Ula. They cost $1 but wouldn’t sell it because they just got it in. You can search for them and maybe call if they have Lohena?

Meanwhile the price of Opae ula here goes up like crazy. 7 € per Opae now. :what:
Its as crazy as bitcoin. :laugh:

True. One should start an Opae Coin! :grin:

Who knew... there is a shrimp coin:

Image

Re: Where To Buy Alpha Opae Ula (Metabetaeus lohena) in the US?

PostPosted:08 Dec 2018 08:30
by Paulao
Algae In Space wrote: 07 Dec 2018 14:26
Paulao wrote: 07 Dec 2018 05:46
Algae In Space wrote: 06 Dec 2018 13:14


Meanwhile the price of Opae ula here goes up like crazy. 7 € per Opae now. :what:
Its as crazy as bitcoin. :laugh:

True. One should start an Opae Coin! :grin:

Who knew... there is a shrimp coin:

Image
Hey that would be a nice logo for anyone who wants to starts a opae ula business. :smile: