Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3  by odin

Hi everyone, i just wanted to put up a new member introduction and welcome sticky for you new members joining the forums to post in :)
Last edited by odin on 07 Jan 2017 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
 #42  by odin

opae ula related wrote:Cool, a site and forum dedicated to Opae Ula!!
Hey, thanks for stopping by, the site and forum is a work in progress but I'm sure it will be all finished soon :)
 #43  by opae ula related

odin,
You have a tank with just bright reds to hopefully breed bright red offsprings?
 #44  by odin

That's right, I have a tank with large reds and a seperate tank with red and clear bands, both are full of youngsters at the moment so I'm hoping that when they mature I can get some real red Opae'ula breeding :)
 #45  by odin

opae ula related wrote:odin,
Heres a few photos,
Attachments:
DSC00300.JPG
DSC00300.JPG (3.16 MiB) Viewed 40986 times
DSC00298.JPG
DSC00298.JPG (3.31 MiB) Viewed 40986 times
DSC00297.JPG
DSC00297.JPG (3.09 MiB) Viewed 40986 times
DSC00288.JPG
DSC00288.JPG (3.34 MiB) Viewed 40986 times
DSC00287.JPG
DSC00287.JPG (3.28 MiB) Viewed 40986 times
DSC00295.JPG
DSC00295.JPG (3.78 MiB) Viewed 40986 times
 #46  by opae ula related

odin wrote:That's right, I have a tank with large reds and a seperate tank with red and clear bands, both are full of youngsters at the moment so I'm hoping that when they mature I can get some real red Opae'ula breeding :)

cool. interesting to see if clear bands opae ula have offsprings that are also clear bands.

on this of video of mines. i keep thinking the yellow mass near the internals are developing eggs but can't confirm. Anyone think or do you think they are? or just internal organs of some sort. See the heart beating. :ugeek:

[youtube]6rAKj7s0lBA[/youtube]
Last edited by opae ula related on 01 Mar 2016 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
 #47  by odin

That's an awesome close up! what camera are you using? im hoping they produce offspring with bands, here is a quick video of one before i separated them into their own tank.

[youtube]wPGkEZeO_AQ[/youtube]

With the yellow on your shrimp its always hard to tell as the internals seem to be all shapes colour and sizes depending on the shrimp, maybe she is carrying ;)
 #48  by opae ula related

odin wrote:
opae ula related wrote:odin,
Heres a few photos,

nice! pics of clear band ones? I think I have one that has a clear band right in the middle of body.