Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #4856  by Jonny5

The eggs look small compared to the other pics I have seen. So probably pretty new. Any special attention suggested or needed.
 #4857  by odin

Nope just leave them all to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4879  by Jonny5

Do they drop eggs sometimes? Or maybe I have another one. Did I also get a pic of one pooping. Lol
Attachments:
20180409_110139.jpg
20180409_110139.jpg (322.77 KiB) Viewed 9736 times
 #4881  by odin

Yes they can drop eggs from time to time and sometimes when a female has her first couple of clutches of eggs she can drop a lot of them from my experience.

Ps that one is pooping like there is no tomorrow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4894  by Jonny5

I think I may have more with eggs on the way. Several of them have very large black saddles that go down the tail a bit.
 #4901  by opae ula related

Jonny5 wrote:I think I may have more with eggs on the way. Several of them have very large black saddles that go down the tail a bit.
Nice!
 #4910  by odin

Great news!
 #5056  by Jonny5

Well it seems they are gone. Not sure what's up but have not seen mother with eggs or anything that resembles babies at top of rank. Damn....
 #5057  by odin

aww that sucks but does happen im afraid.. hopefully next time she will not drop them or the larvae will stay alive ig they get to that point.