Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #7006  by odin

That will buffer your water nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #7447  by Arnold

The tank its going well, all the 13 shrimp alive but still not babies :dead: I hope they start breeding soon

The algae its covering the back glass, chaeto and enteromorpha, they grow on its own I didnt plant it

The Ruppia maritima its also growing very well
 #7452  by Arnold

Yes, they breed like crazy :smile: and do a very good work in the substrate, I want to get some Melanoides granifera but they are rare to get here
 #7453  by Algae In Space

Arnold wrote: 22 May 2019 11:16 I want to get some Melanoides granifera

Better not! The adults died in my tank!!! They can not withstand salt in the water all that well. I thought they would be ok with brakish water. Turns out they are not. Better get another species. Black ones like I got or nerite snails (but they do lay eggs).
 #7454  by Algae In Space

Arnold wrote: 21 May 2019 22:36 The tank its going well, all the 13 shrimp alive but still not babies :dead: I hope they start breeding soon

Judging by how the Opae in the pic look it will take some time! You can see it when the eggs start to migrate from the back to the belly of the shrimp. I got my Opae for a bit less than a year now and spotted my first momma some days ago :cool:

You also seem to have a lot of males! I got mostly gals...
 #7480  by Vorteil

Tank & opae are looking great.

Just a word of caution. I see that the hair algae is starting to grow. From experience it can be a pain. Granted I pulled it out by hand all the time. If not it would start to get out of control. I ended up taking out some of the lava rocks that it was attached to. Did a partial water change as well. Slowly it's getting under control.