Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #5467  by odin

Is it egg laying because of over population you are worried about? Nerites may lay eggs but they dont hatch in brackish water.
 #5471  by Vorteil

My tanks aren't pretty in some senses. I let the algae go wild.
Attachments:
IMG_1082.JPG
IMG_1082.JPG (52.17 KiB) Viewed 7058 times
 #5472  by Algae In Space

No its because I don't want eggs in my tanks. No offense to you Mrs. Snail! I had a little cleaning session this weekend and am changing the tank a bit. Looks clean now :ninja: Let's see how long it'll last. Also I will try a new filter.
 #5479  by Vorteil

These are Malayasian Trumpet snails. Filter? Why would you want to run a filter?
 #5480  by Algae In Space

Vorteil, because I want relatively clear water. My water always has this slight haze. Would love to not use a filter but then the water would just get very hazy within the following days. I just turn it on for about 2h a day. I get it it's not necessary but to my eyes it is. And the snails and Opae Ula can't eat the floating things anyway. Some run a filter. Some don't. There seems to be a division. As most of the time I use the middle ground :happy:

About the snails: Ok. That's what I thought. I will get 2 more trumpet snails because I want black ones too :sidesmile:
 #5487  by tzg

i love how vorteil's and algae in space's green algae grow wild, the opaes have abundance of food now. :smile:
 #5503  by Vorteil

Is it the haze at the top of the tank that you don't like? Your water should be crystal clear. If it isn't you need to figure out what's causing it to be cloudy.
 #5504  by Vorteil

I'm not knocking your tank. If you want it clean and run filtration that's 100% up to you. I can understand that.