Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!

Do you use the filter in your tank?

Yes
36%
No
64%
 #10612  by odin

I will post a tank photo of mine later, it’s crystal clear and clean without filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #10613  by solomalawi.

odin wrote:Once a week I will put a pinch of spirulina in their tanks, no filters etc. in my breeder tank I have thousands and no algae grows as it’s all eaten constantly.

Do halocaridins in your breeding tank breed year-round? In my home they only breed from May to July

Inviato dal mio SNE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

#10614  by odin

solomalawi. wrote:
odin wrote:Once a week I will put a pinch of spirulina in their tanks, no filters etc. in my breeder tank I have thousands and no algae grows as it’s all eaten constantly.

Do halocaridins in your breeding tank breed year-round? In my home they only breed from May to July

Excuse the dirty salt marks in the glass, this is my 140L breeder, yes they breed all year around.

#10615  by solomalawi.

odin wrote:
solomalawi. wrote:

Excuse the dirty salt marks in the glass, this is my 140L breeder, yes they breed all year around.

Grazie, I see a power wire, is it for heating, if so, what temperature do you have them at?

#10616  by odin

25 deg C

Under the macro algae are ceramic caves and large piles of lava rock. In the middle is a large rock of ocean rock.

#10617  by solomalawi.

odin wrote:25 deg C

Under the macro algae are ceramic caves and large piles of lava rock. In the middle is a large rock of ocean rock.

Thanks for the info Image

#10629  by opaekaki

solomalawi. wrote: 13 Nov 2023 07:27
Hi solomalawi, what's the algae in the middle? Is it hair algae? How did u get it to stay in the center of your tank like that? Won't it eventually spread everywhere?