Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2144  by odin

You would be correct there, if they don't touch the food then I wouldn't bother trying again for a week or 2 at least. It's annoying that they don't take the food but this shows that your tank is healthy and is providing a good food source for the shrimps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2150  by odin

Hope it does well! Can't beat a bit of experimenting with plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2286  by Halocaridina

Still no growth on the java moss, but it is still alive. The blanketweed attached to it seems to have grown a little. I took the frond out from the tank and attempted to remove as much of the blanketweed as possible, but a little is still stuck on - it seems to have twisted around the moss. If I don't see any more signs of growth from the moss, I may remove it from the tank.

Also, when I checked on the tank today there appeared to have been another algal bloom - thick film at top has reformed and slime algae is coating the sides again. I removed a lot of it from the front side with a magnet. I noticed some of the tips of the chaeto strands had become transparent (thankfully, most of it seems to be okay). I suspect the cold temperatures lately may have triggered a chaeto die-off, providing the nutrients for the algae. Will probably do a water change today.