Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #4450  by QDanT

I've done a search but didn't find an answer, thinking of getting a LED Flood/Spot light for my cycling 25ltr tank as x2 GU10 daylight bulbs (5W 395 Lumens each) don't seem that bright ? security lights seem to go 10W, 20W 50W, 100W + can you have too much light ?
Thanks All Danny
 #4452  by odin

I dont think so, you may encourage alot of algae growth if its too bright. I'm using these on my 3 cube tanks: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dennerle-5710- ... D+Lighting

6500 Kelvin
5Watts

The shrimp dont mind them and i have had breeding in one of the cubes so far so there is a marker for you to gauge stats.

edit: i bought 4 for £25 or there about delivered from amazon when they messed up the prices, i do appreciate they are over expensive for what they are and normal cheaper Chinese LED lighting is more then enough. I use a cheap LED strip for my breeder tank.
 #4465  by QDanT

Thanks for the Info. I've sent off for these the 'dimmable' gives me chance to experiment I'll report back when they arrive.
Light.jpg
Light.jpg (67.43 KiB) Viewed 7676 times
 #4487  by QDanT

Superb ! well I think so, hope the future Shrimp do as well ?
light set up.jpg
light set up.jpg (130.98 KiB) Viewed 7648 times
light set up 2.jpg
light set up 2.jpg (29.89 KiB) Viewed 7648 times
It's been on 8 hours now and it's cool to the touch so can sit on the tank lid
cut from a plastic storage box lid
tank lid 2.jpg
tank lid 2.jpg (75.46 KiB) Viewed 7648 times
 #4488  by odin

Coming along nicely! Are you going to fill your tank to the top with water?