Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #3174  by AdeDunn

Yeah, they're absolutely gorgeous and are certainly on the short list. Problem is, I'm coming under pressure to also add a single clown fish, and the 2 apparently won't co-exist.... lol Our LFS has a nice marine section though, so when the time comes I'll be going there to see what I can buy locally. :grin:

The one thing I am sure of is that I am going to put the bits together myself! The all in one kits you can get are a rip off. :what:
 #3186  by AdeDunn

My macro algae tub was too full, so chucked a bit of it into the tank, sink or swim basically. Also, tank now has an inhabitant in the form of a single horned nerite snail.
IMG_20170506_214931_DRO.jpg
IMG_20170506_214931_DRO.jpg (808.47 KiB) Viewed 9173 times
 #3188  by odin

I hope it lives, keep us informed!
 #3189  by AdeDunn

Well, I can say now that one blade of Caulerpa prolifera is going transparent from the end up, creeping up the blade gradually. If the rhizome survives though the blades can grow back once it's adapted. The Chaeto seems to be doing fine so far, it's the thick coarse stuff though, and read a few people say this one adapts well to Opae tanks. No change in the C. taxifolia that I can see.

The horned nerite is loving it in there, happily browsing around on the tank glass. There's half a Dennerle algae wafer in a clip in there for it if it ever finds it. lol I like these, as unlike most algae wafers it's 100% algae.
 #3191  by odin

I've been using the ShrimpLab algae foods and its also pretty good stuff.
 #3194  by AdeDunn

I'll probably give it a try at some point, I already use their Caridina and Neocaridina remineralisation salts. :grin: Need to figure out where to buy their stuff from now though as used to get it from Sharnbrook, who've closed up shop.
Last edited by AdeDunn on 07 May 2017 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
 #3196  by AdeDunn

Yeah, I use them too, the nerites came from there. In fact, I am feeling a muppet right now as that's where I got my mineral salts from. Doh! lol I bought the dennerle algae wafers from there too. :)
 #3208  by odin

Have you gotten any brown algae growing yet?