Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #3273  by odin

It could be the PH maybe? Do you have anything in your tank to buffer the water? I find crushed coral substrate the best to use. What is your Nitrate levels?
 #3274  by Bat

0.0 nitrate/nitrite

Buffer used crashed seashell, seems it not enough. I have not crushed coral. Eggshell or turtle calcium are good substitute?
 #3275  by odin

I'm not sure what turtle calcium is but eggshell will work, how old is your tank again?
 #3276  by Bat

Eight month. Why? You think than biological activity are finished carbonates? There are a lot of snails too.
Last edited by Bat on 20 May 2017 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
 #3277  by odin

If your snails are not having issues with their shells breaking down i don't think the PH is the issue with the young perishing, maybe the tank just isn't mature enough? What food do you use and how often do you feed?
 #3279  by odin

You can try, i feed my baby tank once a week but a VERY very small amount of spirulina powder, i get a medicine syringe and suck up tank water then push it out into a container and add my spirulina powder while mixing it then suck it up with the syringe and blow out the food under the waters surface.
 #3282  by odin

opae ula related wrote:Do you see the dead shrimp? You sure they are not hiding?
That's a really good point, @Bat have you seen any dead babys?
 #3283  by Bat

No one live or dead, my friends. Disappeared. A lot of larvae, many young shrimps walking over the rocks... and few days later disappeared.