Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #4026  by odin

Welcome to our forum @Jlynniesue ! Can you give us some more information about your tank? What water source did you use? What rocks/substrate have you used? Is the tank pretty new? There is a snail called a 'vermitid snail' which can hitchhike and cause webs that look like this. I had this in one of my new tanks and it all disappeared after a few weeks so i wouldn't worry and it shouldn't hurt your shrimp either.
 #4029  by Jlynniesue

I have a small round 2 gal tank with a waterfall pump. I populated it about 11 months ago with 35 Opae Ula. I want to breed and the enviro has been very successful. Shrimp got bigger and now two are seeded. Rather than turn off pump in large tank, I want to move the seeded shrimp to a smaller container with no filtration. The micro net around pump may not be fine enough for larvae. Set up new one with distilled water and instant ocean to .020 saline. I was going to transfer a lava rock with active green algae growth from bigger tank as well.
It’s time to clean the bigger tank. I don’t don’t want to stress the seeded shrimp in the process. It will be my first time doing cleaning and I’ve questions there as well.
Thanks for reply! I’ve got no snails in first tank that I’m aware of.
 #4030  by odin

It sounds like you are doing everything great if you are getting berried females with babies, If you have any questions then just pop up a post on the forum and someone will come along and answer :happy: